Korea-Indonesia Media Art Curation
- Saturday, October 22, 2022 (15.00-18.00 JKT / 17.00-20.00 KOR)
- Saturday, October 29, 2022 (16.00-19.00 JKT / 18.00-21.00 KOR)
Venue: ARCOLABS Zoom Conference
This lecture series is designed as a post-incubation program of XPLORE: New Media Art Incubation held in June 2022 to provide the incubation participants with a forum to learn and discuss the currents and issues of media art curation in Korea and Indonesia.
Three media art curators from Korea’s leading art institutions and three Indonesian curators and government official who have been contributing to the development of media art in Indonesia are invited as lecturers.
Lecturer & Expected Lecture Content:
a. Korean lecturer:
- Young Ah Rue, Curator Asia Culture Center Foundation
- Kwonjin Cho, Curator Nam June Paik Art Center
- Haena Noh, Curator ARKO Art Center
b. Indonesian lecturer:
- Tubagus Sukmana, Division Head for Media Art and Archive, Directorate of Film, Music and Media, Ministry of Culture, Education, Research and Technology
- Riar Rizaldi, Artist / Film Maker
- Irene Agrivina, Director of HONF / Independent Curator
Post-XPLORE Lecture Series, held on October 22, began with a greeting message from Choi Hyun Soo, director of the Korea Foundation Jakarta Office To celebrate the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Korea and Indonesia in 2023, the 31-years-old Korea Foundation is preparing a number of commemorative projects that will contribute to the development of bilateral relations between the two countries.
The first lecturer, Young Ah Rue, introduced media art in Korea under the Corona Pandemic. The second lecturer, Riar Rizaldi discussed four pieces of his recent video works based on his core interests in SF, moving images, technology of cinema, geophysics, and magic. The third speaker, Haena Noh, discussed her latest project, the 2022 ARKO Art & Tech Festival.
The second session of the Post-XPLORE Lecture Series held on October 29 was full of participants’ enthusiastic spirit of learning.
The first lecturer, Kwonjin Cho presented the development of Nam June Paik’s artworks. The second lecturer, Tubagus Andre Sukmana discussed the role of central government in the development of media arts in Indonesia. The third speaker, Irene Agrivina explained the beginning of the formation of HONF and the process of its development as a new media and technology laboratory.